The choice of right keywords is the first and crucial step to optimize a site. There are many ways to determine which keywords to optimize for the keywords that you feel describe your site best. Keyword Difficulty is the main problem in writing a content for a web page.
Finding the Top Keyword
After making a long and detailed list of keywords put them on right place at your webpage. It is very good to have a list of popular keywords but it would be even greater if you have chosen keywords for which top positioning is achievable with reasonable effort. If you choose keywords that are already chosen by others than it will become more difficult to bring your site on top
Low-volume search keywords can be as profitable as the high-volume ones and their main advantage is that you will have less competition. As a result of this, it is possible with less effort to achieve much better results than if you targeted the high-volume search ones. In order to do this, you need to make an estimate about how difficult it would be to rank well for a particular keyword.
Get Down to Earth
The best way to estimate how difficult it would be to rank well for a particular keyword is by using the appropriate tools. If you search the Web, you will see several keyword difficulty tools. Choose a couple of them and go for search. You may also want to check for several keywords or keyword phrases.
After you have optimized your site for the keywords you have selected, occasionally check again the difficulty of the keywords you are already optimizing for because the percentages are changing over time and if you discover that the competition for your keywords has increased, make some more efforts to retain the gained positions.
Optimizing for the Correct Keywords
To get listed in the search engines, the optimization process of choosing the right keywords is essential. If you choose the wrong keywords you will not be found in the search engines.
To achieve this use following tips:
1. Think of "specific keyword phrases" not "keywords".
2. Try to think like your target audience. They will not necessarily use the same keywords as you.
3. You should try to come up with as many keyword phrases as you can think of that relate to the page you are optimizing.
4. Check out your competitors for ideas. Do a search using keywords that you already know you want to target and click through on the top sites that come up.
5. You should develop a list of keyword phrases for each page that you optimize for the search engines.