5 steps to successful SEO and e-commerce
Ecommerce websites do not get targeted traffic therefore every now and then they need to send it for SEO. However, it is also true that they gain more profit then other sites that mean with a less traffic they still getting higher revenue. So there should not be any problem with this kind of sites for search engine optimization.
Although, there is no difference in the way of optimization between the normal website and ecommerce website, however, ecommerce websites need some specific issues, here they are
1. Domain registration: Whenever you are going to register a new domain name for your site, first make sure about the extension. Site extension represents your category it could be .com, .biz, .ca etc. To be frank none of these extensions are important for search engines as far as preference is concerned. One thing important is that the keyword between the world wide web (www) and extension, for example “www.go4customer.com “ here “go4customer” is a middle term between www and extension .com, and of course this middle term is important for search engine.
2. Site Hosting: Once you have selected the domain name then next job is to get site hosted by any of the reputed companies. Your site hosting company must be professional which can guarantee you almost 100 percent ftp, fast internet connection, toll free numbers and more.
3. Software selection: Third step is to select suitable e-commerce application software. If you seriously want to invest for good outputs then you have need good e-commerce software.
4. Ecommerce site must have SE-Friendly URLs: Generally speaking, most ecommerce sites are not search engine friendly. Actually, this creates a problem because search engines may fail to navigate your product pages. You can’t put a search engine index on your home page because some people do not prefer it.
5. Activation of Session: Mostly sites do this to track their visitors, often, it gets along with URLs but it should have its own department. As you know that each member has its own session, whenever he or she logs in it starts and at the time when he logs out, eventually, session terminates. Now if you want to store information then you have option, that is cookies, but search engines don’t support cookies.