Optimization of blogs means making them more search engine friendly. Optimizing the blog for the search engines is a must whether it’s a corporate blog, a news-type blog, or even a personal blog. This is done by making some simple changes to WordPress and Moveable Type.
Optimizing a blog is just like optimizing any other website. The content and pages (posts) must be unique, search engine friendly and contain links from other websites.
The following should be taken care of for optimization of bogs:
1. Make sure there are no road blocks in the path of a search engine crawler.
2. Make sure the crawler can move through your blog, examining all your web pages.
3. Provide adequate keywords and key phrases which clearly help categorize your content.
4. Provide clearly labeled tags and categories recognized by tagging service crawlers and many search engines today.
5. Take advantage of pinging services.
Blogging software a really simple Content Management System (CMS) can be used for blog optimization. It easily adds new pages and integrates them into the site's navigational structure and linkage. Blogs and blog posts are naturally search engine friendly because they are text-rich, link-rich, frequently-updated webpages that use stylesheets or CSS, and have very little extraneous HTML.
A few most important rules for getting a post listed for keywords of choice is as follows:
1. Use your primary keyword in your blog domain
2. Use your primary key phrase in your blog header tags and the title of your posts
3. Use your secondary keywords in the body of your post
4. Use your keywords in the anchor text of links
5. Make sure search engines can spider your blog easily
6. Get backlinks from other blogs or websites
7. Update frequently
8. Stay put