Blogs are very crucial for search engine optimization thereby generating huge traffic for your website via the big search engines such as Google, Yahoo and MSN. This necessitates their regular updating and proper optimization.
Wordpress guides a search engine through the posts, pages, and categories to help the search engine crawl your site and gather the information it needs to include your site within its database.
WordPress comes with several built in search optimization tools, including the ability to use .htaccess to create apparently static URLs called permalinks, blogrolling, and pinging. There are also a number of third party plugins and hacks which can be used for search engine optimization (SEO).
The following can be followed while using Word process:
1. Ensure your site code is proper.
2. The content on the site should be of good quality.
3. Content should be written focussing on potential customers.
4. A search engine looks only for content while entering your site.
5. Sites are not evaluated on the basis of appearances but the keywords, links, and titles meet content. They look for the relevancy of the cntent to thte Meta tags put in.
6. Where images are used widely Alt tag and title in link and image tags can be used to ad content.
7. While linking one important aspect is to see how good are the sites linking to you. Blogrolls, pingbacks, and trackbacks are all built into WordPress, which help you link to other people.
8. Navigation links to the categories, archives, and various pages on your site are important as these make crawling easy for search engines.